Lawrence S. Pertillar
Remember? - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Would I rather be strangled or screwed?
In a polyester suit...
Sporting spit shined boots,
And prepared to service.
Would I rather be a clown in a circus,
Or be kicked around by you for fun?
At least when you're finished...
I'll have a clue I've been done!
Instead of hearing you dropp a plot,
To have me appear the fool I'm not.
Because the love I stopped for you has gone!
Why can't you move on?
I did when your shouting drove me out!
And the doors behind me you locked.
Embarrassing me bare assed?
Until I disappeared behind the boulevard of trees.
Comments about Remember? by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl