Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Renewal - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Renewed from hatred
that strangulates the flow of love.
Renewed from anger
that bulldozes a mountain of understanding.
Renewed from pain
that shatters the windows of tomorrows.
Renewed from fear
that makes all days to dark nights.
Renewed from despair
that drowns the promise of hope.
Renew us, O Lord, from the malady
of hatred, anger, pain,
fear and despair.
And restore us to the bountiful promise
of strength, joy, faith and service
from the heart of Jesus.
Comments about Renewal by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl