Rest My Angel Rest (For You Orunamamu) - Poem by Melvina Germain
Wail your way unto this earth,
A new babe upon the scene.
Your presence served as a Blessing,
a miracle of life, a precious being.
You painted many beautiful images,
and sang that carib. song.
O you danced beneath rainbows,
and lived a life so long.
Today you smile with glistening eyes
as a tear gently hugs your face.
and I know, you’re waving goodbye,
while the inevitable slowly takes place.
It’s time to close your eyes, in silence,
let freedom be. You’ve given your all
by Blessing so many of humanity.
Rest, that peaceful rest, embrace it with
your soul. Return as a child of God,
let earth keep the flesh of old.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Rest My Angel Rest (For You Orunamamu) by Melvina Germain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda