(563) An Awesome View - Poem by Melvina Germain
It was a cool night with a slight drizzle in the air.
I stood at the hilltop and was in awe while standing there.
In the distance a rainbow formed, colors beautiful and bright.
I was amazed at this extraordinary awesome sight.
I see mirrors within the still waters, a half moon toward the sky.
I see shadows of large creatures gliding slowly by.
The colours are vivid with tints of periwinkle blue,
and vibrant dashes of mauve sparingly coming through.
A lip formation of moss resting upon a soft face of sand,
welcomes the touch of the Lord's glorious divine hand.
I picture the eye of God in that half moon up above,
sending showers of heavenly tears to all with his love.
The vast ocean resonates with tranquil, serene peace,
yet powerful enough to devour the largest of all beasts.
The Lord has so much love to share with all of you.
God's gift to man are these wondrous awesome views.
Comments about (563) An Awesome View by Melvina Germain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda