Lawrence S. Pertillar
Rhythmic Beats And Promises - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Exchanged dialogue shallow without depth,
Is becoming less frivolous these days.
Could it be...
Those eager and accustomed to rush to escape,
From lives lived overwhelmed by reality...
Are finding those exits made no longer provide,
Satisfying rhythmnic beats and promises?
Have become serious discussions,
Between those awakening to notice...
A recycling of the same trash to pass time.
As the same delusions prevail to taste stale.
With an increasing of disappointments,
Those self annointed are beginning to realize...
They have become the bait.
Creating and setting up their own traps.
Comments about Rhythmic Beats And Promises by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl