Santa And The Boogyman - Poem by Ted Sheridan
when we are young children
we are told by our elders that everything will be alright
they tell us not to worry
they assure us there is no reason to be afraid
they implore us to trust them
and we do.....
we become dependents
of what we believe is honesty and truth
but people are not honest
not at all....
we lie to ourselves most of all
our lies are then compounded by more lies
that's when the shit hits the fan
and we finally face the truth
getting old is a bitch......
2007 © Ted Sheridan
Comments about Santa And The Boogyman by Ted Sheridan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl