Scars - Poem by Kristy Artmann
My heart is scarred, broken, bound emotionally from his games.
Feelings could never be the same as in the beginning; it’s much too late for them to ever return. It’s just too late for things to change.
I don’t want them to rekindle; they were artificial afterall due to his true intentions and actions and behavior towards my love.
I’ll never feel the same but other loves will come my way and each love will differ I know this now.
I’m not going to settle for less than I deserve; doing so would not be true to my soul. I will live to love again and move on beyond the failures of others. It is no longer a concern to me.
~Kristy C. Artmann~ © 2008
Comments about Scars by Kristy Artmann
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl