Scuola Metafisica - De Chirico - Poem by Douglas Scotney
therefore for Centurians,
4 was IIII and 9 was VIIII.
Brevitists won the day
and 4 became IV and 9 IX.
Jokers and Extreme Reversalists
put IIIIV for 1 and IIIIX for 6.
De Chirico painted IIX for VIII
on the clock of 'Enigma Of The Hour'.
As his 4 was IIII,
his clock was a disturbing mix
of tendencies Reversalist and Centurian.
One explorer brought up
'I'm none of those, ' said he,
'I'm the Metaphysician of Italy.'
Poet's Notes about The Poem
See my poem 'Parallel Universe'
Comments about Scuola Metafisica - De Chirico by Douglas Scotney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl