' Separation ' - Poem by indira babbellapati
How does one define separation?
What does one mean by separation?
Is it when breath is severed from the body?
Is it when the court of law declares 'divorced? '
How many separations come as blows!
How many, pass by silently!
How many separations we live with
And how many more do we contain!
Don't some come as relief too?
Tell me, my friend
Why do we always think of separation as external?
How many of us aren't really separated from our self?
Tell me, can you define separation for me?
20 May 2011
Comments about ' Separation ' by indira babbellapati
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl