Shakespeare - Poem by Sathya Narayana
What not thee find in Shakespeare's plays; name thee
the hue, and got it sure! A breezy clown,
a weaver Nick, a gutsy Anthony,
the vile Macbeth who vies for Duncan's crown;
a ruthless Shylock, usurer, who asks
for flesh, a Moorish general, Othello,
a wicked Brutus, rebel Bolingbroke,
suspicious husband Ford; king Alonso,
a shattered father...characters those oh...
some kings, some servants, cobblers and Bavions:
the lovers Juliet and Romeo,
a shrew and Cleopatra, the ambitious Queen!
He wrote and acted too in dramas his.
Sometimes he watched his plays from audience! "
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Shakespeare by Sathya Narayana
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl