Emmanuel George Cefai
Shall We Shall We On Earth - Poem by Emmanuel George Cefai
Shall we shall we on earth
Finish as walking cadavers
As walking cadavers with jittering teeth?
Our civilization has sapped our blood
That the mass universe hath given us:
And now like Dracula feels its wings
To fly in to the dark lake of the night
Where war, destruction, disease fly
As hideous night-birds with full hideous cry
How hideous - as they pass and wheel all by!
They wheel mechanical prevedible like rotating planets.
And on a pitch-black crag
Envy and Hate two lovers of the Night
Put hand in hand and smile and look
Comments about Shall We Shall We On Earth by Emmanuel George Cefai
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda