Shut-Up - Poem by Elizabeth Fletcher
Why can't you two shut-up? ! ? !
I can hear you!
Stop treating eachother
Like you're worth less
Than the dirt on your shoes! ! !
Give it a rest! ! ! Give it up! ! !
There's a tear on my lip too...
So cruel to one another...
You two are such a mess...
You're hurting us too. Get a clue! ! !
I want to cry
From whatching you two fight.
But I can't. I have to lie
To my siblings. Show them a light
That I'm not sure still shines bright...
You're killing us too
With your angry words that sting...
Please don't take us down with you!
So heavy with sorrow I can't sing...
It's a democracy. There isn't a king...
It's over for now.
The tension is still in the air.
It'll never be completely over....
And it will never be fair.
Comments about Shut-Up by Elizabeth Fletcher
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl