Jo Lynn Ehnes
Silent Fuse - Poem by Jo Lynn Ehnes
A silence overwhelms my thoughts
As words disperse through tears
And emptiness augments within
This mind consumed by fears
Where self-destructive stimuli
Ignite confusion's fire,
Incinerating freedom's plan
As flames of doubt aspire,
Suppressing inspiration's song,
Eliminating passion's voice
Subdued by fret's release.
Abandonment of confidence
Results in charred morale.
Escaping from this inner grief
demands new rationale.
Comments about Silent Fuse by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda