Skateboarding - Poem by Pene Burkey
When I go rolling on my skateboard,
I feel the wind blow on my face.
My body glides along in freedom,
And then my foot keeps up the pace.
I must lean just right to make the curve,
Then get my balance back on track.
I look for the chance to do a trick,
I start the move....no turning back.
I catch the air and do a kick-flip,
The board goes round and meets my feet.
I get anxious as I start a trick,
But glad its ended safe and neat.
My board becomes part of my body,
I cannot be whole without it.
What if it breaks and leaves me stranded?
How can I get there? ........I'll just sit! !
Comments about Skateboarding by Pene Burkey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl