Pene Burkey Poems
- Skateboarding When I go rolling on my skateboard, I feel ...
- Skateboard Lord He gets up in the morning And goes out the ...
- Winter Vacation As far as we can see, The fields ...
- Tanka: 2006 His graduation Amid Blue Ridge Mountains ...
- Santa? What did Santa leave under my tree? He left hugs and...
- April Snow The sky grew dark this April morn, The north ...
- Read What is it you would like to do? Do you want to learn ...
I also write using the pseudonym of May Lyn (ML) . more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pene Burkey
When I go rolling on my skateboard,
I feel the wind blow on my face.
My body glides along in freedom,
And then my foot keeps up the pace.
I must lean just right to make the curve,
Then get my balance back on track.
I look for the chance to do a trick,
I start the move....no turning back.
I catch the air and do a kick-flip,
The board goes round and meets my feet.
I get anxious as I start a trick,
But glad its ended safe and neat.
My board becomes part of my body,
I cannot be whole without it.
What if it breaks and leaves me stranded? ...