Song-Days - Poem by Naveed Akram
I sing a song so loud to liven up the day,
There the song ends to capitulate and stay.
The music of rhythm spoke a genius sound,
Where were the notes of music this round?
My mother sang songs to brighten up my night,
Tonight was a tournament, of sheer delight.
I would sing along, so longer than anything,
Yet yesterday the song was sung by her like everything.
My singing finished this place,
Opening the hearts of others in any space.
This favourite musical poem permitted me
To sing like my mother, and have all to see.
Comments about Song-Days by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda