Street Lamps In Heaven. - Poem by Peya Jakob
I once had a thoughtful friend,
who loved me to trully to his end.
His admiring brown eyes never showed hate or fear to me.
He loved the earth so i see him stare,
at the world longing, wishing to be there.
He loved the shadows so i suppose he'll sit,
under trees of apples until we again meet.
He loved to live so i know he'll cry, and wish again that here, with me he could lie.
He loved to run so i see him trot, across heaven in his brushed fur coat.
When he was here, we would watch the stars.
I look to the stars and see him say, 'the little stars we would watch till eleven, are the street lamps in heaven...'
Comments about Street Lamps In Heaven. by Peya Jakob
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl