Tale Of The Mercenary - Poem by Aidan Ross
I am a mercenary, a soldier in a damn fools war.
Sometimes, I must question, what is it that I fight for.
Usually, it is money, that my kind desire.
But my want for gold, died long ago in bloody hates red fire.
I thought, I fought for honour, but I see this is a lie.
The real reason I’m fighting, is because I wish to die.
Comments about Tale Of The Mercenary by Aidan Ross
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl