Thanks Giving Prayer - Poem by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
Lord, I thank you for Your gift of life
I thank you for good health
That I know neither hunger nor want;
Thank you for those who love me best,
For friends whose encouragement
Have often chased away dark clouds,
For many an answered prayer,
For kindly providences
That preserved me from danger And harm.
Help me to appreciate all that I have,
To be content with it, to be grateful for it,
To be proud of it.
Not in an arrogant pride that boast,
But in a grateful pride
That strives to be more worthy. Amen.
Comments about Thanks Giving Prayer by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl