Lawrence S. Pertillar
That Mindset Remains With Them - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
As soon as they realized pay was involved,
For something they deemed easy...
Everybody and their mamas wanted in on the act.
And that mindset remains with them to this very day.
People wish to get paid for expressing interest.
Working towards a goal to pursue experience,
With discipline and devotion is not seen on TV.
Expectations are high,
That someone should handover to them...
Fame, fortune and notoriety.
A job doing 'nothing' that can be bragged about!
Comments about That Mindset Remains With Them by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl