That’s All Folks! - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
Falling for you
was such a joke.
In cartoon land I would have been
running out of ground & only realising
(halfway in mid-air)
that there was a thousand feet of canyon
Only time for a side-long glance
(recognition of my plight dawnin’)
& then that brief wave goodbye
Gravity sure hurts
when it turns into ground.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you
that Love don’t hurt
when your head’s
just a puff of dust
at the bottom of a cartoon canyon.
Comments about That’s All Folks! by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl