The Ambrosial - Poem by Harekrishna Meher
Verily I'm a drop
of the ocean of nectar.
Shunning the ocean I had risen up
in the firmament afar.
Coming down now
I've joined the ambrosial flow
and towards the ocean
ahead I'm in motion.
If I evaporate therein
on the way by the heat of sin,
in the form of dew later on
I'll descend below.
With the nectarean immortal flow,
I'll mingle in the ocean.
[Translated from Gangadhara Meher’s Oriya Poem ‘Amrutamaya’, by Dr. Harekrishna Meher]
Comments about The Ambrosial by Harekrishna Meher
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl