The End Of The Beginning - Poem by Matt Swanson
Falling out of place
Falling on my face
Can't believe you're really gone
What did I do? What went wrong?
I take a deep breath
A tear rolls down my cheek
So much pain since you left
Has it only been a week?
How many times will I die alone?
Throw this old dog a freaking bone
Wonder when I'll start to realize
You've broke my heart a million times
I met you in the park
We flirted for hours
You left me in the dark
In the midst of summer showers
So I will wait, I'll wait and sob
Sing a little tune about your new friend Bob
He makes you happy now, I should be happy too
All I can think about is how I was destroyed by you.
Comments about The End Of The Beginning by Matt Swanson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl