Denys E. W. Jones
The Language Of Love - Poem by Denys E. W. Jones
The Language of Love is not taught in our schools.
Its grammar and lexis “too hard”,
“Too complex” its rules
For the average pupil to master.
It cannot be taken at A-Level,
Still less at GCSE.
Nor can it be studied until one obtains a Degree.
French, History, Geography, Maths…
Such Options may freely be chosen.
But the Language of Love should, perhaps,
Be added to the Curriculum.
Comments about The Language Of Love by Denys E. W. Jones
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl