The Last Post - Poem by Linda Harnett
I once saw love within his eyes,
And felt the breeze of tender sighs,
The all-consuming passion lies,
Discarded with his alibis.
And hate to love and love to hate,
I watched the sea of tears abate,
To leave me in a nothing state,
It’s much too little and too late.
Recriminations, baleful cries,
I found someone I could despise,
For love and hate can hypnotise,
Reflected there within his eyes.
And bitter tears and deepest pain,
That mingles with the falling rain,
I’m intermittently insane,
And hear the last post once again.
Comments about The Last Post by Linda Harnett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda