The Mirror Image - Poem by Fernando Alvarez
I stare into the mirror.
Staring at what looks like me,
That's not my reflection.
It's the appearance I thought I hid.
It's the screaming I hear
Inside my head.
It appears in the mirror.
An apparition of the past.
The thoughts I feel
No longer mental.
My eyes stared back at me.
That sad, lonely face appeared.
And for an instant I saw my strength.
The strength I thought I lost
A once strong person on the outside
Becomes how she feels on the inside.
Lost, but with a glint of hope.
Barely there, tiny in size,
The strength I need
To move away from the mirror image.
Comments about The Mirror Image by Fernando Alvarez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl