The Option - Poem by RIC BASTASA
i do not have to believe you.
there are limits to what we can be.
and to my upbringing.
i cannot be another murderer
and take pride
in what i have done to a humanity
that kills and
never feels any guilt
i cannot be with you in the belief
that robbing a bank is a protest against
the ownership and
oppression of the
those who believe that they have
the right to
own everything and leave
i cannot swim to your pool.
i am no swimmer at all.
you should have noticed that in my hunger
i have only resorted to the
but the lines of my
beyond these words,
i desire nothing anymore.
Comments about The Option by RIC BASTASA
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda