Sidi J. Mahtrow
The Sadness Of The Empty Home - Poem by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Red Skelton would have loved the sadness of the empty home
For he would have mimed the act of being all alone
Passing from each room and pausing to show
That there was an emptiness in his tow.
Until he reached his bed in time to reflect
That all was not lost in effect
For the sadness could be used to note
That he could end with his characteristic quote,
'Goodnight, and God Bless! '
Comments about The Sadness Of The Empty Home by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl