The Soapbox Preacher's Pledge - Poem by Greg Oosterhouse
I pledge allegiance to the cross
Of the Lord Jesus Christ.
In it I count all gains but loss,
On it was made the ultimate sacrifice.
I pledge to love all others.
I pledge to love Him most of all.
To get along with my sisters and brothers,
And to always be there when they call.
I pledge to defend His ministry
Against all evil things.
To tell others of how He loves you and me,
And to proclaim Him King of kings.
I pledge to worship and honor His holy name,
To spread the Good News again and again.
May I not stop until He has world-wide acclaim.
For His is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Comments about The Soapbox Preacher's Pledge by Greg Oosterhouse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda