These Social Rankings - Poem by Neil Solan
These social rankings that you tread
Are understandably misread,
They're merely fascination disguised
As troublesome crumbs of bread.
The vultures pick on these crumbs
- Impregnated with thoughts of passion and emergency
They act with instant haste.
Midway through their heartless trek
They crumble to the ground,
Just feet from the silver cloud.
My phraseology is bleak,
Yet I sweat acumen of language
Into a ditch on the floor
Which breeds my babies now and forever.
Comments about These Social Rankings by Neil Solan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl