Emmanuel George Cefai
‘tis Hopeless Now I Know - Poem by Emmanuel George Cefai
‘Tis hopeless now I know
they say that hope
goes last and that it should not go.
‘Tis hopeless now:
The day’s now ending in a sweet romance
The dusk is lighting up the city-lights
And the dark night the city now enfolds
Into its mantle that it may dream and sleep.
Full constant/Eternal pessimist, I,
‘Tis hopeless now I know.
Comments about ‘tis Hopeless Now I Know by Emmanuel George Cefai
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda