To Dilute Divorce Law - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Marriage is a defunct institution
Unless one of the partner accepts
Being unequal to the other.
Marriage is heading to be outdated.
Marriages have so far been successful
Because the woman partner accepted
Being unequal from their dependency
With the male partner as the bread winner.
Marriage is a social obligation.
Marriage is a legal compulsion.
To stay in marriage is more important
Than being happy in the marriage.
Partners, independent of each other,
Hardly find reasons to remain together.
It's time the need of marriage was gone through.
It's time the divorce law was diluted.
Comments about To Dilute Divorce Law by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda