Joseph William McGarry
To My One & Only - Poem by Joseph William McGarry
Looking deep in her eyes, he puts his hand to his heart,
Ripped it out and swore they would never be apart.
Beating still in her hands, hard and fast,
No weakening he said, it will beat continuous, uninterrupted, even when i pass.
Because it beats to the love i have for you,
And it shall beat infinite!
With his heart in her hands, still swimming
In her beautiful immersing eyes, he says
'Tell me that someone else can love you as i do'
Comments about To My One & Only by Joseph William McGarry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl