To My Unfaithful Love - Poem by uchenna nnodum
How dear you are to my heart
Most arrogant and unfaithful love
Your children sigh and hiss with great disgust
At the sight of your unkind treatment on them most unjust
For decades have they prayed for freedom,
Freedom from their stepmother. But
Into the bondage of their own mother!
Your younger children cry for help
For the ill treatment from your first sons.
They have been denied even their penury
How shameful, most shameful
To be shown a mirage of hope
Instead of hope for freedom
The eyes of your children can no longer shed tears
Because they are all dried up!
'For how long? ' My arrogant love
Will you allow your first born sons
To treat the last born children with contempt?
Comments about To My Unfaithful Love by uchenna nnodum
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl