An Unknown Bird - Poem by uchenna nnodum
One sunny afternoon,
Just as i bade a friend 'see you soon'.
My long shadow on the sunny ground met that of a long tree
As i looked up to it, i saw an unknown beautiful bird flying free
It landed gracefully on a branch
A first i thought it would crash
And suddenly it turned to show off its long beak
it pecked a fresh leaf with its beak-peak.
And took a flight to the tree top
At this i came to a stop
I never saw it again but i longed
I asked myself 'To what specie would this bird had belonged'.
Comments about An Unknown Bird by uchenna nnodum
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl