Try - Poem by Nelson Torres
The heat felt like fire that went along my skin,
I couldn't help but watch while your makeup stretched down your chin.
After a while the tears became amusing,
Cause if you look deep enough you'll see your problems were defusing.
But yet you still refused to shake up a smile,
Have your parents ever told you you're as stubborn as a child?
Spit at the flame and you'll learn to love again.
Problems come easy but so does the solution,
And with every one that passes by you don't need a revolution.
You just need to change your perspective of the future,
In order to maintain peace you need to find your suture.
So if you gotta go far, you gotta gotta reach far.
Never going to make it if you decide not to try hard…
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Try by Nelson Torres
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl