Two Loves Of Mine - Poem by Katherine Rhodes
My heart has beat so strong before with love
but now my dear it beats in time for two.
I only pray unto the Lord above
that of the two He will lead me to you.
The other love is dif'rent though,
from all the others I have had before.
Though volatile, it continues to grow.
The passion of my youth I can't ignore.
Forgive me good sir for my apathy,
to choose 'tween you is harder than it seems.
But I see now that you make me complete
and this is more vital than any dream.
So though my heart still beats in time for two,
I know that the Lord has led me to you.
Comments about Two Loves Of Mine by Katherine Rhodes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl