Uncertainty /Is The Future's First Name - Poem by Shalom Freedman
Is the Future's first name
What will happen to us?
What will become of our world?
What will be with the earth? the universe? the cosmos?
Despair is the sense that Death is coming to all
Hopelessness is the feeling that our Future is oblivion
Fear is the knowledge
That for the longest distances and times
For the Beyond of all our Beyonds
We have no power and control
And simply must pray and pray
For God to save us all.
Comments about Uncertainty /Is The Future's First Name by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda