Understanding - Poem by Joseph Tanner
I can’t pretend that I understand,
Is it a call for help?
When you tell me your plans.
I am supposed to help?
A quick escape from all your troubles,
Leaving a million tears behind.
Life is tough,
But I couldn’t do without it.
Do you want me to feel sorry for you?
I know I’ll be lost if you were gone.
Life would go on, I know that for a fact.
For a second it would stop for me,
Wishing that I could have helped.
If we were to have no regrets,
Would I even stop?
Understanding something I can’t.
Comments about Understanding by Joseph Tanner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl