Untitled (Ix) (1993) - Poem by Patrick Wescott
Do you understand what you hear?
Can you afford to see the truth?
Look past your preconceptions,
forget the stories told from a thousand lips.
Do you see what its like to be trapped?
To play a hand forced upon you?
Imagine your childhood, ripped away,
replaced by a harsh reality.
No chance to experience or learn,
just sudden realization of the truth.
Live in a place where truth is false,
and lies are reality.
Spoken by others,
yet forced on you to live.
Comments about Untitled (Ix) (1993) by Patrick Wescott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl