Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
Up And Down - Poem by Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
All the world is a game of up and down
All souls wish to go higher and higher
We welcome success and failure frown
This passion has been all generations' sire.
We want to raise a pile of shining gold
So much that for it our faith can be sold
This cancer on our heart has complete hold
For this purpose we are extremely bold.
But we never wish to go up to God
And have a meeting with the Creator
We never lift our feet from sticky sod
We are not our real benefactor.
We can go up only through humanity
By burning to ashes baseless vanity
First we must burry all fake priority
Then we can touch real sublimity.
Comments about Up And Down by Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl