Vegemite Tip - Poem by Douglas Scotney
On your Corn Thin
smear the Vegemite first,
then smear the 'butter'.
'Smear, ' I said,
preferring 'smear' to 'spread'.
It's from the German 'schmer'
English changed the 'sch' to 's'.
It did the same to 'Schmacke'.
Smack: a fishing vessel
with a well in which,
cannot exactly thrive,
they can at least be kept alive.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Schmacke is said close enough to 'schmucker'.
Comments about Vegemite Tip by Douglas Scotney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl