Birth Of Day - Poem by Douglas Scotney
Babe is night
And mum is day.
Dawn is day's lullaby
To ease the sense of emptiness
Night gets at early light.
'Am I all that's left? '
Asks silhouetted palm.
'You're nothing if not right, '
Comforting the night.
Comments about Birth Of Day by Douglas Scotney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl