We Little Children - Poem by Hannington Mumo
The scripture teaches us
To be attentive in class,
And avoid the company of the naughty lass,
So that we may study and our exams pass.
We also have to obey our teachers and parents
And love and respect all our friends
As well as all our enemies and haters,
And be calm according to Paul's letters.
And God says we must have these two:
Strong faith and great hope too,
For He loves so
That He gave us his all.
We little children thank Him for house and bed,
Also for giving us clothing and bread,
And life and health that not even our parents could give;
He has given us all that we need to live!
Comments about We Little Children by Hannington Mumo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl