Lawrence S. Pertillar
When Oneself Is Known - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
In the finding of self,
It matters not where or when it is done.
In the finding of oneself.
That 'is' the achievement that comes,
One has won.
And in the finding of self,
Perceptions of others.
Of who that self found should be,
Can not be compared to a comfort known within.
That begins and no one else can see.
But what is known that comes eventually,
Is a feeling that is centered.
And from a core that is believed.
Leaving wherever the place one goes,
Not a place to seek in the search for self.
When oneself is known this shows.
And 'in' no one else,
Can one find self to be shown.
So many seek different environments,
To qualify what they can not identify inside.
Comments about When Oneself Is Known by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda