Whirling Disease - Poem by Sonny Rainshine
Something is wrong
with the trout in Huntington Creek.
Instead of following the current’s flow
they mimic eddies and whirlpools—
striving to scratch their tails,
sensing that something is wrong there.
Unnatural maladies should not have
(Note: There really is an outbreak of this illness currently afflicting fish in Utah’s freshwater streams.)
Comments about Whirling Disease by Sonny Rainshine
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda