Sonny Rainshine Poems
- A Leaf Refuses To Fall The leaves don’t let go that easily ...
- 100 Fireflies He stayed up half the night collecting one ...
- 1 Is Easy One sex, one race, one religion, one face. One ...
- Apology For Poetry Some say that people who like ...
- Art Forgery In what she referred to as Reverse Art, she ...
- Haiku: Hail Storm Pearls from a necklace
- After The Rain One Chinese lantern, forgotten when the lawn...
Education: MA English; BA French.
Profession: Software trainer for health care organization.
Hobbies: Avid reader and movie buff. Light hiking and long walks in the woods.
Most of the 19th century Romantics, William Carlos Williams, and a host of others.
Poetic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Leaf Refuses To Fall
The leaves don’t let go
that easily either. It takes a bluster,
a filabuster of north wind,
and the wasp-sting of the first
chill of late September
to tear them off the page
Persuasion doesn’t do it.
Sometimes in the middle of winter,
(the DEAD of winter, as they say)
you might see one shriveled
oakleaf, dangling from a frozen
filament of stem,
Nothing likes to end;
the October wind invites
the leaf to tango in the frosty air.
A shy curtsey, a twirling turn,
a pirouette, then the dance