Why Am I Always Where Sadness Is? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
Why am I always where sadness is?
Why can't I go away into the joy of life
And its many gifts pleasures and blessings?
Why am I always where the sadness is?
As if this were greater nobler more beautiful and meaningful?
Why do I need the sadness so much?
And why do I live in it night and day
As if it were not only my friend
But my essence?
Comments about Why Am I Always Where Sadness Is? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda