Why Am I So Happy Sometimes? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
WHY AM I SO HAPPY SOMETIMES?
Why am I so happy sometimes?
I just don’t understand-
When I was a child
I could never understand
What the word ‘happiness’ meant-
Now in my old age
I just do not understand the happiness
That overwhelms me sometimes-
Just sitting reading and writing
The happiness that overwhelms me
And makes me thank God
I am alive.
Comments about Why Am I So Happy Sometimes? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl