You Gave - Poem by AHO Speaks
You have always responded when we are in need
To include giving of eternal holy seeds.
When enslaved you listened and set us free
In and out of bondage you let us be.
You give us both sides of the word gender
Male ego and authority doesn't want to remember.
A child's faith is based on how it feels
Time will give them understanding of the word reveal.
Religions have a purpose but soon get off the track
Forget where they came from and refuse to go back.
10-12-05 Aho Speaks
Comments about You Gave by AHO Speaks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda